Sunday, February 6, 2011

5h4d0wNews is now up and running

For a while, I have wanted to start some kind of website, web page or blog site that did reviews of free software and other technology that was used for different purposes.  I had seen sites like this before but they were found to be too few and far between here on the internet.  This would be a great undertaking because it would benefit any person that is interested in finding out what programs are out there for a specific task.  It would also benefit me by making me more aware of what is out there, myself.  I was also thinking that at some point I will offer fixes to computer problems (if they come up).

The inspiration for this blog was brought up while I was at work in the IT department that I work at and I was using some of the software utilities that the department had available.  Some of the department's choices for software utilities were not the same as the ones I would have chose because I had been to other places in previous jobs and had been exposed to other programs that did the same thing.  Since there are so many programs out there that do the same things I thought why not review them all (or most of the popular ones) to see which one is the best or which one has what features or what not.

I also figured that I would add fixes to common computer issues, too, so that if you feel brave you can fix many common computer issues by yourself.  This information may or may not become available but be aware that this type of information could be added and would be very beneficial to any readers.

Stay tuned there will be more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment